Have no time to prepare a gift for your special day?
But you still want to give a good impression for the gift.
So you are in the right place.
This idea I got yesterday when I played an origami game with my little niece.
In a special day, people generally bring a present right? and sometimes they add a letter with a common envelope as a perfect match for the gift.
That’s when I have an idea “why didn’t I make a tutorial on how to crochet an envelope as last minute gift for my readers”.
Maybe it’s not a fancy gift, but with the effort, someone will know that you are truly sincere.
This project is perfect for you who has a busy schedule and have no idea what to give for someone in a special day because this project only needs a little time to finish, fun to make and it’s unique in other words.
So without being said, let’s get started!
You will need :
- Cotton yarn size superfine/DK/sport (White color)
- Crochet hook 2mm-3,25mm
- Measuring tape
- Flannel fabric (Burgundy color)
- A Scissor
- Tapestry needle
- Sewing yarn (white color)
- Sewing needle
- Ch : Chain
- Dc : Double crochet
- Sl st : Slip stitch
Difficulty Level : Beginner
Step by step :
How to Make Last Minute Gift
- Make a slip knot.
- Ch 25.
- Find the second stitch from the hook.
- 1 Dc in the second stitch from the hook.
- Dc in every stitch until the end corner.
- Ch 1 and then turn the project.
- Repeat the same step again and continue to make it about 11 round (14 in to tal, including ch 25). Measure the project approximately width x height = 5×5 inches.
- After you finish the last round, ch 1 and but don’t cut yarn.
- Now make the lining start from the left side, sc 2 times in every stitch until the corner.
- For the corner, do sc 3 times in the same stitch. And after that continue the work do sc in everystitch (and again sc 3 times in the corner part). Next sc 2 times in everystitch (except the corner sc 3 times). And the last round, sc in everystitch and do slip stitch in the corner). Ch 1 and cut yarn remain long (long tail).
- After you finish the square, fold it like in the picture, and sew every stitch with the tapestry needle.
- Take out the flannel fabric, make a heart shape and cut the fabric with the scissor. Prepare a sewing yarn and sewing needle.
- Place the heart in crochet project and sew it with sewing yarn (make it look like dotted line).
- And Voila…… It’s done, quick right? And if you want to place a letter inside the envelope, then good choice, It’ll be perfect.
If you feel that this post is helpful. I would like to hear about it. So that I can make another post similar like this in the future and share it with you.
Last but not least, If you have a question don’t hesitate, please ask me by leaving a comment below. I will help you as much as I can.
If you like this post please share it with your friends.
Thank you for stopping by
Have a great day.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more info